Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Encouraged by My Devotions

This afternoon I was really struggling with some basic things. It wasn't a complicated battle, just a very strong one. I was finally able to sit down and read the Bible for a few minutes, and the passage I opened to was exactly what I needed to read today.

Colossians 1:11-14   Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His Son: in Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins;

When I read Paul's writing, I have to rearrange things into shorter sentences for it to really sink in and take root and meaning in my heart. So here is what stood out in my mind when I started pondering this scripture:

God forgives our sins. He is faithful and just, and through Christ's blood, forgives us. We are redeemed!

As redeemed, we are ready for God's inheritance:

Might. Strength. Patience. Longsuffering. All - with JOY!

Give thanks to the Father! He has delivered us from the power of darkness!

No comments: