Saturday, May 21, 2016

As Unto the Lord

Today Tony took the 'big' kids to the library without me, so they could get out of the house for a change and I could rest. Before they were even out of the driveway, Harmony woke up. My first thought was, "Here I needed to rest, but instead I spent the morning serving my family instead of myself, and now I don't even get to rest while they are gone!" Then I reached down to pick her up, and felt that soft little bundle, and didn't feel so bad for myself anymore :) I was thinking though, back to when we had a foster baby about this age, and in some ways it was easier to serve then. For me, it felt more like 'working for God' and 'serving others' than just 'taking care of the baby.' But when I started feeling that way I was abruptly reminded that caring for our own family - you know, the one God put in our care, and the one God instructs us in His word to be good stewards of - IS working for God and serving others. Sometimes we get caught up in the day-to-day and forget to see motherhood as the valuable service it really is! We've been trusted with precious, tender souls, and we must serve God and others by nurturing those little hearts with all the fervency we would if 'someone else' was watching or motivating us!

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." - Colossians 3:23-24

This blog post was quite eye opening for me, along these same thoughts. I don't feel at all unappreciated at this point in my life (just tired, lol) but I neeeded to read the reminders about serving God. Just click on the picture to go read it - it's pretty short, and worth your time :)

Do you feel unappreciated? This post is for you.

No comments: