Friday, February 13, 2009

Family Resemblance

After I posted those pictures of myself, I was flipping back through them, and I went – WOW! I look just like Mommy! So I was talking to someone about it and they went, yeah, sometimes I look over in church, and it’s like seeing your mom sitting there. Then, I went online, and Kristina had said I looked like Mommy!

So I started thinking back over the years, and we do all look alike. When Sis. Karen took my senior pictures, there was one in particular that Papa always like, because he said I looked like Mommy when they first started dating. I knew I looked kind of like Mommy, but I hadn’t really seen any pictures of her at my age, so I didn’t have a lot to compare with. Now though, I’m reaching an age that I have seen lots of pictures of her (like wedding pictures, or with us kids) and I look more like her every day! I’m ok with that – I’ve always thought I had a beautiful mother. The main differences are our noses and eyes – my nose is short and squat, and my eyes squint shut if I smile even just a little bit. I guess that’s why I look ornery like Papa :)

Then I started talking to Kristina, and remembered the pictures Mommy has of all us kids at the end of her hallway. We are all about 6 months (or maybe one year? I don’t remember) and we all look extremely alike.

I guess there was not really any point to this post… except, wow, family resemblances definitely exist!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't believe you wrote about this because I thought the same thing about those pictures. You look sooo much like your mom. Apparently, my dad said the same thing too.