First a joke, that is more than a little true for me (keep in mind I've spent the last 10 years shelving books and putting things in alphabetical order) -
I'm not OCD. I'm CDO - it's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order like they're supposed to be.
Heehee. Sorry. *Ahem* On to the rest of the post!
I've discovered a few minor things I am OCD about. I've always teased Kristina about her being obsessive compulsive, but I knew in the back of my mind it ran in the family. After all, Mommy adds water to her shampoo so it will run out at the same time as her conditioner.
1. I have to use the very last of something. I get a deep secret thrill from finishing things off - the last of the toothpaste, a bottle of lotion, the last little bit from a cereal box - and as I was telling Joanna last night, even if I have a brand new one in my purse, I have to use the chapstick until I can't get my lips to reach past the brim to get it out.
2. I like my shampoo and conditioner to match. Ok, I have to have my shampoo and conditioner match. If one runs out before the other, I keep the partial bottle in the cabinet until I can get another one to match it.
3. I am obsessed with sorting, grouping, matching, counting, etc. I love baskets and boxes because I can sort things into them, and not have different things mingling together. I use the excuse that it is better organized and easier to use/find that way, but really, I just need things done that way.
4. Things have to be either symetrical, or very clearly meant to be of center. Very clearly.
5. The silverware drawer has different slots for different utensils for a reason.
6. I cannot end a sentence with a dangling participle, use the word "that" in an essay, use the phrase "has got" (its redundant), and I have to use the right form of there/their/they're.
That's all I can think of for now - I'm sure Tony could tell you more :)
About this new love -
I went to Wal-Mart the other day. I bought a roll of adhesive backed velcro. Oh wow. I should have bought out their supply. Since then, I have used velcro on everything.
the gift wrap organizer
trash can liner holders
curtain tie backs
extension cord ties
I love velcro! I can't wait to find new ways to use it :D